Sunday, April 26, 2009

YUMMY strawberry cake

So I found this reciepe on someone elses blog, and thought it sounded so yummy. I'm planning on making it, but thought I would share..

Ingredients:
1 package plain white cake mix
1 package strawberry gelatin
1 cup mashed strawberries with juice (this is one cup AFTER they are mashed)
1 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup whole milk
4 large eggs

DirectionsPreheat oven to 350 degrees.Grease and flour three 9 inch pans. Set pans aside.Place cake mix, gelatin, mashed strawberries, oil, milk and eggs in a large bowl. Beat on low speed for 1 minute. Strawberries should be well blended. Divide batter among pans. Bake until light brown, about 25-30 minutes. Allow to cool for a couple hours before frosting.

Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
2 packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cups sifted confectioner's sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup strawberries with juice drained.
Cream the cream cheese and butter together until smooth and creamy.Add vanilla and mix until incorporated. Gradually add the confectioner's sugar. After sugar is mixed in fold in the strawberries.

Some tips to note: *The cake I made today had 5 layers. I just divided the batter even further and baked them about 15 minutes. The cake is much more divine tasting with more layers. ** This cream cheese icing is FINALLY an icing I mastered, but I must warn you it is a very thick cream cheese taste. So, if you do not like a thick cream cheese taste you may want to use an alternate recipe.***I also place a measuring cup of about 2 cups of water under the cake pan while it is baking. This makes for a more moist cake. (i lost the blog, otherwise I would give her her props.)

No comments: